This Mission Statement, or Chamber Principles, was voted upon and approved on September 5, 2017
- The Chamber of Commerce exists primarily as a means to promote and publicize the business success of its members.
- All Chamber activities will prioritize the intended results of all activities and promotions in the following order:
- Members and their businesses or organizations.
- The Fair Grove community at large.
- Civic, non-profit and religious organizations.
- Consideration of non-member businesses will not be a factor in any Chamber decisions.
- Non-members will not be included in Chamber activities, except as part of a recruitment effort. Whenever possible, Chamber activities will be structured in a way to invite and entice non-members to join the Chamber.
We often hear the objection from business owners who refuse to join the Chamber that we don't do enough to promote their business. We are making it clear that if you are not a member we will do nothing to actively promote your business.
To do so would be unfair to our paying members.
The solution to this problem is to join the Chamber and be involved with our decisions and projects, as much or as little as your time allows.
The annual membership fee for most businesses is $30 a YEAR! If you attend three meetings a year, at which you are given lunch, you've already broken even. You also have the opportunity to improve the image of your business with other business people and community leaders.
Download the application here.